ROBORALLYEntry Fees: Rs.200
Max. No. of the participants: 4
About the event:
Design and build a robot which not only can run fast but also is capable of fighting the obstacles in its way on the track in minimum time.
Certificate of excellence will be given to all winners. Certificate of participation will be given to all the teams who qualify the first round of the competition. The teams which get disqualified due to disobeying any of the competition rules will not be considered for the certificate.
I. Dimensions and Fabrications
1) The robot should fit within a box of dimensions 25*16*10 cm (MAXIMUM SIZE). The external device used to control the robot such as remote control box or DC converter is not included in the size constraint.
2) The robot SHOULDN’T WEIGH MORE THAN 3 KG.
3) Both Wireless and Wired robots are allowed.
4) Use of ready-made toys are NOT ALLOWED, but one CAN USE the ready-made circuits.
5) Chemicals, compressed gases and rockets, fuels, combustion power methods, etc. are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. However, commercial batteries like dry cells and lead acid can be used.
II. Battery and Power
1) The robot must be powered electrically only. Use of an IC engine in any form is not allowed. On board, batteries must be sealed, immobilized-electrolyte types (such as gel cells, lithium, NiCad, NiMH, or dry cells).
2) The electric voltage between 2 points anywhere in the robot shouldn’t be more than 24 V DC at any point of time.
3) All efforts must be made to protect battery terminals from a direct short and causing a battery fire. Failure to do so will cause direct disqualification.
4) Use of damaged, non-leak proof batteries may lead to disqualification.
5) Special care should be taken to protect the on-board batteries.
6) Change of batteries will be allowed during the match.
7) Use of heavy equipment like compressors are banned.
“Compliance with all event rules is mandatory. It is expected that competitors stay within the rules and procedures of their own accord and do not require constant policing.”
1) The robot you build would be first checked for size and safety.
2) The robot shouldn’t cause electrical power breakdown.
3) The robot must not contain any combustible, corrosive, or otherwise dangerous materials.
4) No explosive, compressive or expansive, either internal or external is permitted.
1) Johnson motor is allowed.
2) Centre/Side shaft motor is allowed.
3) No other motors allowed for this event.
“ANY ROBOT WHOSE STRATEGY OR OPERATION IS CONSIDERED DANGEROUS CAN BE DISQUALIFIED BY THE JUDGES AT THEIR DISCRETION. DECISION TAKEN BY THE EVENT HEAD WILL BE CONSIDERED AS FINAL DECISION AND NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE.”contact